About Flow VPN
Our VPN networkOur virtual private network has over 100 servers across more than 40 countries in Europe, USA and Asia and we’re adding more all the time, actively increasing capacity to meet demand and reaching out into new territories.
As well as traditional VPN servers all over the world, we’ve set up super-fast routes over premium bandwidth connecting key servers in Asia and Central America to our servers in the UK and US, bypassing the cheaper routes often used by domestic networks.
Our servers are managed by our in-house technical team to ensure reliability and customer support from our UK-based team is second to none.
Estonia – new!
Greece – new!
Slovakia – new!
United Kindgom – 15+ servers
Asia & Oceania
China (Hong Kong)
USA: North East
USA: South East
FAQs about Flow VPN
Why should I use a VPN?
The most common reasons for using a virtual private network are:
- to ensure that the data you send and receive is encrypted so you’re protected against hackers stealing your information. This is especially important when you’re using public wifi networks
- to get a faster connection to foreign websites – especially if you’re in a country with relatively poor infrastructure
- to beat censorship and access services that are blocked in your country, for instance Facebook or Google
- to access content that’s only available in a particular country, for instance a corporate network
- to prevent your ISP from being able to see what websites you’re visiting and what content you’re accessing
An added benefit is that a VPN hides your location, making it impossible for advertisers to show you geographically relevant advertising.
How does it work?
A virtual private network routes your internet traffic through one or more servers. Instead of asking your ISP to provide content from websites, you connect to a VPN server via your ISP and then the VPN server places all of your requests to other websites and serves content to back to you.
All your ISP can see is that you’re connecting to the VPN server. And with Flow VPN you can choose a server in one of 40 countries.
Flow VPN uses the same type of encryption as online banking to make sure that if anyone happens to be spying on you while you’re on a public wifi network they can’t see what you’re doing.
Performance can be boosted for international browsing by ensuring that the longest part of the journey to the server you’re accessing is done over a fast, direct route instead of using cheap bandwidth that might take the long way round.
That’s quite common practice in parts of the Far East and South America – ISPs have to pay for bandwidth and direct routes across continents are often expensive, so they will choose to route traffic across longer routes to save money at the cost of performance. Choosing a VPN server in a datacentre near your location can ensure that only premium bandwidth is used to cross continents, improving download and upload speeds.
What computers and devices can I use Flow VPN on?
We support and provide instructions for Mac (OS X), iPhone / iPad, Android and Windows 7, 8 and 10.
After you sign up you’ll be taken to our client area where you’ll find your VPN login details, you choose a country, then choose the platform you want to get started with so we can show you instructions. You can log in to your client area whenever you like to get instructions for other platforms.
It’s especially easy to set up Flow VPN on Mac and iOS at the moment as you can download configuration files – just run them once and you’re ready to go. We’re expecting to offer similar facilities for Windows and Android soon.
How many devices can use my subscription?
You can use your Flow VPN subscription on up to four devices at the same time.
How do I know it will work?
At Flow VPN we do our best to provide a reliable and flexible service, offering good quality servers in lots of locations, and supporting multiple VPN protocols so – for instance – if you can’t connect via PPTP you can try L2TP or IKEv2 instead.
Most importantly, we offer a 3-day free trial to new subscribers to give you plenty of opportunity to try our VPN in a few different places before paying any money.
How often can I switch server country?
How does Flow VPN compare to other providers?
At Flow VPN we’re passionate about our customers’ experience of using our service. We believe the things that make a difference are ease of configuration and great support, so:
- We do our best to provide really simple instructions for configuring VPN connections
- We’ve carefully designed our website to make sure that it’s intuitive and easy to use
- We’re always working to expand our online content and resources
- We pride ourselves on providing great support. Our UK-based support team reliably respond to all enquiry by the next business day and we never use automated responses
- We constantly monitor network usage to make sure that we’re providing enough server capacity in the places it’s needed most.
- Unlike some of our competitors, you can choose where your VPN server is
- We offer special ‘via’ routes, sending your traffic through a VPN server that’s near you first, then through another one in the UK or USA, ensuring that your traffic can be routed through premium, super-fast bandwidth for the longest part of its journey
- You can switch between our servers as often as you want – it’s easy to configure as many profiles as you like on your devices so that you can quickly change between server locations
…and if you’ve got this far you’ve probably already noticed that our service is very competitively priced!
Our customers say…
- I used this when in China and worked a treat got get on other apps and use the Internet as if I was at home. Very impressed
- Was dismayed to find when traveling outside the U.S. that none of the network player apps would play content. After some googling for a resolution and trying some other more complicated apps, I found this. It is super easy to set up and works flawlessly. Highly recommend!
- I am really pleased because it is very fast, reliable and very much efficient. A very impressed customer