Download Flow VPN for Windows
Download the Flow VPN Client for Windows.
This client is the easiest way to use Flow VPN on a Windows system, with no complex configuration required.
Download Flow VPN for Windows v1.1
How to manually set up Flow VPN on Windows 7, 8 and 10
You’ve signed up for Flow VPN and received your client area and VPN login details by email. Next, you need to configure your computer / device…
Windows 7 and 8: manually configure a connection
1. Open Notepad and save an empty file, ideally on your desktop
2. Right-click on the file, select ‘rename’ and change the file extension from .txt to .pbk
You’ll see a warning – click ‘Yes’, then the file’s icon should change.
3. Double click on your new .pbk file to open it. You’ll see a message: “The phonebook is empty…” – click ‘OK’
4. “Set up a new connection”: select ‘Workplace network’
5. Populate ‘server name’ with your choice of Flow VPN server addresses – you’ll find the full list in your client area.
Destination name can be anything, ‘FlowVPN’ is fine. Click ‘Create’
7. Enter your username and your VPN password – for Flow VPN subscribers your username will be your email address and you can find your VPN password in your client area. Please note that your VPN password is not the one used to log in to the client area.
Windows 10: manually configure a connection
- Go to All Settings > Network & Internet > VPN
- sweep from the right of the screen to open the menu and click VPN
- search for VPN and select “Change virtual private networks”
2. Click ‘Add a VPN connection’
3. Complete the fields as follows…
VPN Provider: Windows
Connection name: Flow VPN
Server name: your choice of server location – see the list in your client area – entered in the format uk.flow.host
VPN Type: PPTP
Type of sign-in info: Username and password
Username: your email address
Password: you can find your special VPN password in your client area
…then click ‘Save’
4. You’ll be returned to Network & Internet > VPN. Select Flow VPN and click ‘Connect’